Weather and Best time to go
High Season (Nov–Mar)
- Pleasant temperatures in much of Laos, though it’s cold in the mountains.
- The best all-round time to visit.
- Book accommodation in advance during the peak Christmas and New Year period.
Shoulder Season (Jul & Aug)
- Wet in most parts of Laos with high humidity, but the landscapes are emerald green.
- Popular time for European tourists to visit from Italy or Spain, plus backpacking students with a long summer break.
Low Season (Apr–Jun, Sep & Oct)
- April and May brings the hot season to Laos when the thermostat hits 40°C and visitors wilt.
- September and October can be very wet, but there are some incredible cloud formations to accompany the deluge.